1) Poverty among Latinos is high, _____ in 2013, nearly matching that of African Americans.
- a13.5 percent
- b23.5 percent
- c33.5 percent
- d43.5 percent
2) The anti-Catholic movement focused on the ______.
3) Paper sons dealt specifically with _____.
- aItalian men
- bJapanese men
- cChinese men
- dIrish men
4) ______ refers to Mexican people who became incorporated into the United States as the result of a war treaty.
5) Which sociologist outlined five periods that frame and help us understand Native American history?
- dDu Bois
6) The “Trail of Tears” accompanies which of the following?
- aIndian Reorganization Act
- bIndian New Deal
- dIndian Removal Act
7) Many Chinese laborers were imported to work as strikebreakers.
8) The Fourteenth Amendment outlawed slavery once and for all.
9) The slave population of 700,000 in 1790 quickly grew to about 6 million by 1860.
10) During the excruciating Middle Passage (the transpacific transport), men and women were usually chained and packed tightly together so that slave traders could import as many persons as possible and increase their profits.
11) Which case reflects the development of whiteness as a legal construct?
- aOzawa v. United States
- bTakasaki v. United States
- cFukumoto v. United States
- dHiraoka v. United States
12) The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was signed after ______.
- athe Mexican American War
- bthe Civil War
- cWorld War I
- dthe Vietnam War
13) The _________ is the movement of large numbers of African Americans to northern and Midwestern cities, beginning in the early twentieth century and lasting for almost six decades.
- aMass migration
- bExtraordinary migration
- cImmense migration
- dGreat Migration
14) In the histories of diverse groups within the United States, settler colonialism typically means containing others, erasing their indigenous culture, terrorizing people, and in its extreme, removing them to places where their labor is needed.
15) Following _______, Congress tried to terminate all special relationships with Indian tribes, including all reservations.
- athe Civil War
- bWorld War I
- cWorld War II
- dthe Vietnam War