1. What are the strategic uses of sales promotion in an IMC campaign?
2. What is sales promotion and how is it used in conjunction with direct marketing?
3. What is the difference between sales promotion and advertising?
4. What are some of the most common incentives used in direct marketing?
5. What is the most distinctive characteristic of sales promotion compared to public relations, advertising, and direct marketing?
6. Like direct marketing, sales promotion has a very diverse array of contact vehicles. What are some of the most common and how can they each help to visually and verbally express the key consumer benefit?
7. What is the difference between in-store and out-of-store promotions? What are some of the most common types of vehicles and how can they be promoted and tied to an IMC campaign?
8. Only a small number of coupons are ever redeemed. What can the visual and verbal message say/do to ensure their use? Explain.
9. How does sales promotion help an IMC campaign to be more consumer focused?
10. What are the pros and cons associated with sales promotion?
11. What is the strategy behind using sales promotion in an IMC campaign?
12. Why is sales promotion a great pairing with multiple vehicles in an IMC campaign?
13. What must sales promotion do both visually and verbally to be successful within an IMC campaign?
14. What is the difference between IMC, advertising, and integrated brand communication (IBC)?