1) A nonmarket economy, which is a characteristic of the tribal world, is based on:
- adirect sharing of goods, with no detailed accounting.
- bbuying and selling of goods using very detailed monetary accounting to make sure the exchanges are fair and balanced.
- cdirect taking of goods from enemies, essentially highway robbery.
- deconomic transaction using money as a means of exchange in the absence of a formal market place.
2) Participant observation requires that the anthropologist:
- apretend to be a native.
- bgo native and surrender their own culture.
- cremain a complete outsider.
- dsuspend judgement about appropriate behavior.
3) Bigman leadership in the tribal world, as exemplified by Chonkiri, depends on:
- asuccess in wealth accumulation.
- bforce of personality.
- cwho you know.
- dability to hunt jaguars.