1. Explain the difficulties involved in determining whether there are differences in the cognitive abilities of peoples in different cultures.
2. Describe the range of cultural diversity in religious belief and practice in the tribal world, drawing contrasts with imperial and commercial worlds.
3. Evaluate the hypothesis that tribal peoples live in a different and unique perceptual world.
4. Explain how shamanism and other beliefs and practices related to the supernatural may benefit individuals.
5. Evaluate the quality of life experienced by people in the tribal world, making specific comparisons with people in the commercial world.