1. How can we define the act of terrorism? Are there common goals?
2. What characteristics do people who commit acts of terrorism have in common?
3. Describe three types of domestic terrorists, using examples from the recent news, to illustrate.
4. Explain the role the federal government plays in combating terrorism. And also explain the role of local law enforcement in combating terrorism. In what ways do they assist one another? Are there conflicts between their respective functions?
5. Has the U.S. government ever used martial law? What do you believe we happen if they did?
6. In what ways has the Patriot Act affected the Constitution? Are we safer as a result?
7. If there were best practices for responding to terrorism, what do you think these would be?
8. Describe the conflicts between liberty and safety. Which do you believe is more important, and why?