1. Do you believe that Emile Durkheim was correct when he said that even in a society of saints there will still be “sinners?” Explain.
2. How is social deviance omnipresent?
3. Identify examples of trending variations of social deviance not discussed in this chapter (and feel free to send them to the author for future editions of this text!).
4. Is it ethical for governments to use drones in war? Why or why not?
6. Have you ever taken inappropriate selfies? Have you ever witnessed someone take an inappropriate selfie in a public place?
7. Are there any topics that you try to avoid when in “polite company” (a group of people that consists of individuals you do not know, or do not know very well)?