1. What is an exorcism? Do you believe in the validity of "demonic possession" as a plausible explanation of deviant behavior? Explain your answer.
2. Explain what is meant by the concept "born killer." Do you think there is such a thing as a "born criminal?" Which theoretical perspective utilizes this concept?
3. Explain the primary similarities and differences of social learning theory from the psychological perspective and from the sociological perspective.
4. Explain how the social disorganization theoretical perspective explains social deviance.
5. Name and explain Merton's five modes of adaptation. Be sure to identify whether or not the mode of adaptation signifies acceptance, elimination or the rejection and substitution of new goals and standards.
6. Identify at least three subcultural groups you belong to and describe the norms, values, and expectations of your behavior in each of these groups. Would you describe any subcultural groups you belong to as "deviant?" Explain.
7. Describe the similarities and differences between feminist theory and the conflict perspective.