1. Violence appears to be an integral aspect of contemporary society. Why is this the case? Will there ever be a time, or society, free of violence?
2. Name and briefly describe the three distinct categories of violence described in this chapter.
3. Why do people commit self-harm? Have you or has someone you know closely self-harmed? Why did this behavior take place?
4. What is bullying? Why does it exist in society? Will it ever be possible to eliminate bullying from society?
5. What did you think of the discussion on “bum fights?” How does such an activity exist in “civilized” societies like the United States?
6. Provide a brief history of riots. What are some of the positive and negative consequences of riots?
7. What is the human condition with regard to war?