1. Provide a brief review of the history of alcohol use.
2. Explain why people have historically drunk alcohol.
3. Why do people drink alcohol today? Why do people binge drink?
4. Describe the similarities and differences between a person with a drinking problem and an alcoholic.
5. Describe what is meant by alcohol abuse. Identify a number of health problems associated with alcohol use.
6. Provide a review of alcohol use disorder (AUD) and share statistics of AUD in the United States.
7. Describe a time when you (or someone close to you) used the excuse, “It wasn’t my fault; I was drunk.” Have you (or someone close to you) participated in a drunk shaming? Describe the circumstances.