1) All of the following are true of the OMB’s regulatory review EXCEPT
- ait contributes to “iron triangle” relationships.
- bit increase the OMB’s influence at the expense of other agencies.
- cit can require revisions to federal regulations.
- dit helps ensure regulations are cost-effective.
2) The Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB’s) central clearance authority refers to its
- apreparation of the federal budget.
- bevaluating regulations for costs and benefits.
- cdeciding whether proposals fit with the president’s agenda.
- de-government and information technology policy.
3) Which of the following presidencies marked a turning point in the regularity of the president’s domestic policy-making role?
- aThomas Jefferson
- bTheodore Roosevelt
- cHarry Truman
- dJohn F. Kennedy
4) What is true about government revenues and programs during recessions?
- aDemand for programs is at their highest, revenues at their highest.
- bDemand for programs is at their lowest, revenues at their highest.
- cDemand for programs is at their highest, revenues at their lowest.
- dDemand for programs is at their lowest, revenues at their lowest.
5) Which of the following have presidents used to develop and coordinate domestic policy?
- aWhite House counsels
- bDomestic Council
- cTask forces
- dAll of the above
6) The deficit reduction measures taken by George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton achieved the projected reductions by the end of the second Bush administration.
7) Members of Congress represented by the president’s party receive more government funds.
8) Essential government functions are shut down if the budget process is stalled.
9) Which is a process by which program authorizations are revised to achieve required savings?
- aA reconciliation bill
- bContinuing resolution
- cAn appropriations bill
- dAn authorization bill
10) Hitting the debt ceiling and not voting to increase it can result in the government not paying for ongoing operations.