1) All of the following are true of social media EXCEPT
- atweets can be publicized further by traditional media.
- bit helps prevent fragmentation of the president’s audience.
- cWhite House staff encourage presidents to post funny pictures.
- dit is used to enroll voters into government programs.
2) Presidents pay more attention to converting the not-yet-persuaded voters than maintaining existing supporters.
3) More often than not, voters
- achange their party when it is not in line with their issue positions.
- blisten to party leaders only when opposition presidents are in office.
- cscrutinize their party’s positions.
- dbring their issue positions in line with their party’s position.
4) Presidents enjoyed the largest audience for speeches
- abefore electronic communication.
- bin early decades of radio.
- cin early decades of television.
- dwhen made available online.
5) Which of the following presidential administrations was most successful at keeping messaging focused on a priority?
6) Commentators on the presidency often believe that presidents can change or mobilize public opinion.
7) Trump’s use of Twitter
- achanges opinions among Democrats and independents.
- braises his approval rating.
- cdraws attention to his policy priorities.
- ddiverts attention from unfavorable news.
8) Presidential denials of wrongdoing
- awork for popular presidents.
- busually reinforce perceptions of wrongdoing.
- ccause people to remember false statements as true.
- dcontinue to influence the public long after their issuance.
9) Presidents obstruct their own message dissemination when they provide messages on multiple subjects.
10) Despite the importance of immigration during Trump’s campaign, the public has opposed his immigration proposals.