1) Which of the following was a theme in Obama’s first foreign policy doctrine?
- acreating a sense of partnership with other countries
- baggressively countering China on its South China Sea policy
- cterminating NAFTA
- dquickly signing a global disarmament treaty
2) The concept of national interest provides policy makers with a clear-cut and reliable guide to selecting foreign policy goals.
3) The Lippmann Gap refers to the difference between the U.S. position on a foreign policy problem and the UN position.
4) The Monroe Doctrine contained a
- ajoint British-U.S. declaration on European interference in Latin America
- bjoint French-U.S. declaration on European interference in Latin America
- cunilateral U.S. declaration on European interference in Latin America
- djoint British-French declaration on European interference in Latin America
5) Under the Reagan Doctrine, the U.S. supplied weapons to freedom fighters in which of the following countries?
- bNorth Korea
6) Terrorism has consistently been the foremost foreign policy problem identified by the American public in public opinion polls.
7) In which of the following countries did ISIS emerge?
8) Citizen power is an example of hard power.
9) Soft Power refers to:
- athe power resources of small states
- bthe power to persuade
- cthe power resources of non-governmental organizations such as Amnesty International
- dthe power to carry out covert action secretly
10) Which of the following is not a key task in constructing a foreign policy?
- adefining a problem
- bassessing costs
- cplacing blame for past failures
- dbuilding public support