1) Terrorism has consistently been the foremost foreign policy problem identified by the American public in public opinion polls.
2) Soft Power refers to:
- athe power resources of small states
- bthe power to persuade
- cthe power resources of non-governmental organizations such as Amnesty International
- dthe power to carry out covert action secretly
3) The concept of national interest provides policy makers with a clear-cut and reliable guide to selecting foreign policy goals.
4) Under the Reagan Doctrine, the U.S. supplied weapons to freedom fighters in which of the following countries?
- bNorth Korea
5) Which of the following is not a key task in constructing a foreign policy?
- adefining a problem
- bassessing costs
- cplacing blame for past failures
- dbuilding public support
6) Citizen power is an example of hard power.
7) The Lippmann Gap refers to the difference between the U.S. position on a foreign policy problem and the UN position.
8) The Monroe Doctrine contained a
- ajoint British-U.S. declaration on European interference in Latin America
- bjoint French-U.S. declaration on European interference in Latin America
- cunilateral U.S. declaration on European interference in Latin America
- djoint British-French declaration on European interference in Latin America
9) In which of the following countries did ISIS emerge?
10) Which of the following was a theme in Obama’s first foreign policy doctrine?
- acreating a sense of partnership with other countries
- baggressively countering China on its South China Sea policy
- cterminating NAFTA
- dquickly signing a global disarmament treaty