1) A window of fear exists when leaders make the calculation that:
- athey cannot win a war but feel forced to go to war
- btheir country will be the target of a terrorist attack
- cthey will be overthrown by a foreign invasion
- deconomic sanctions will cripple their economy
2) Operation Ajax was a CIA covert operation to:
- aremove Fidel Castro from power in Cuba
- bremove Jacobo Arbenz from power in Guatemala
- creturn Chiang Kai Shek to power in China
- dreturn the Shah to power in Iran
3) Which of the following is not commonly defined as a weapon of mass destruction?
- anuclear weapons
- bchemical weapons
- ccyber weapons
- dbiological weapons
4) A window of opportunity refers to a situation in which leaders make the calculation that:
- athey can win a large war
- bthey can negotiate an arms control agreement
- cthey can deter a war
- dthey can overthrow a hostile government in another country
5) Upon leaving office, President Barack Obama announced that U.S. combat missions in Afghanistan would not end until 2025.
6) Which of the following is a correct statement about the future of COIN in U.S. military strategy?
- aCOIN is now an essential part of U.S. military strategy against cyber terrorism.
- bCOIN is a central element of the air-sea battle concept.
- cCOIN is seen as a distraction from the military’s core mission by many in the Pentagon.
- dCOIN ceased to be a U.S. military strategy after Gaddifi was removed from power in Libya and civil war broke out.
7) Counterproliferation is a well-established and often practiced option to deal with nuclear proliferation.
8) U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan began following the 1979 Soviet invasion.
9) A Cyber Security Treaty:
- ahas been signed but not yet ratified by Congress
- bis currently under discussion
- chas been advanced by a coalition of neutral countries but rejected by Russia, China, and the United States as impractical
- dis not yet a subject of international arms control talks
10) The conflict in the Ukraine is an example of hybrid warfare.