1) Which of the following is not an underlying pattern of the American national style?
- cmoral pragmatism
2) Millennials’ foreign policy attitudes are best characterized as a revival of isolationism.
3) The oscillation or movement between isolationism and internationalism has been found to be random with no clear pattern to it.
4) Which of the following was not a concern raised regarding the construction of the wall that currently exists along the Mexican border?
- cuse of convicted criminals as workers
- dgranting of environmental waivers
5) Ideas are an important force in shaping foreign policy because over time organizations and political constituencies form around them and lobby for the policies based on them.
6) One of the underlying principles of Wilsonianism is a strong presidency.
7) Which of the following was not a key element of the Wilsonian approach to foreign policy?
- apromoting democracy
- bencouraging free trade
- dcontrolling weapons
8) In terms of the American national style, the American tendency to win the war and lose the peace can be traced to:
- aseeing war and peace as polar opposites rather than part of a single problem
- bthe inability of the President and Congress to agree on a Grand Strategy
- cthe lack of sufficient hard power resources
- dexcessive pessimism at the outset of foreign policy undertakings
9) All but which of the following critiques have been leveled against characterizing the American national style in terms of internationalism and isolationism?
- aInternationalism is really interventionism.
- bU.S. foreign policy is firmly rooted in the European balance of power tradition but just goes by a different name.
- cAmerican foreign policy is best seen as anti-revolutionary and racist.
- dIsolationism amounts to little more than a tactical critique of an internationalist policy.
10) The Tea Party contains significant conceptual links to which of the following foreign policy traditions?