1) Presidential candidates are now required to identify a transition coordinator six months before the election.
2) A president who energetically uses the powers of the presidency and feels a sense of satisfaction in his efforts is classified as an:
3) Executive agreements are:
- aa way of entering into an international agreement without getting the Senate’s approval
- ba way of getting around a legislative veto
- can agreement between the President, Speaker of the House, and Senate majority leader on using military force as required by the War Powers Resolution
- da statement of intent between the U.S. and the head of another country to put a treaty before the Senate for a vote
4) The historical record shows that focusing on a President’s foreign policy in their first 100 days in office is:
- anot a good indicator of their future foreign policy successes and failures
- ba good indicator for military policy but not for international economic policy successes and failures
- ca good indicator for international economic policy but not for military policy successes and failures
- da good predictor of their future foreign policy successes and failures
5) Action indispensability refers to:
- asituations where the Constitution requires joint presidential and congressional cooperation
- bsituations where the U.S. must act to fulfill its commitment to the UN
- csituations where a specific action is crucial to the success of failure of a policy
- dsituations where the Supreme Court has recognized the President’s right to prevent the media from revealing an official secret
6) George W. Bush employed a C.E.O. (chief executive officer) managerial system that earlier was used by Dwight Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan.
7) Under which President did the national security advisor become more important than the National Security Council?
- dGeorge W. Bush
8) In his first 100 days in office, President Obama did which of the following?
- asigned a new arms control agreement with Russia
- bvisited China
- cordered the closing of the Guantanamo Bay prison
- dreestablished diplomatic relations with Cuba
9) The first “First Lady” to play any type of role in making U.S. foreign policy was Eleanor Roosevelt.
10) The Vice President’s increased involvement in foreign policy issues has come at the expense of the Chief of Staff, whose influence has gone down.