1) Which of the following best defines gender identity?
- athe process by which you learn the behaviors that are associated with being masculine or feminine
- bfundamental sense of being male or female
- cbiological sex differences
- dbehaviors and abilities that make you masculine or feminine
2) Which of the following terms is the expected responsibilities and abilities of men and women?
- agender typing
- bgender norms
- cgender roles
- dgender identity
3) Which of the following does NOT describes the process of identity integration?
- athe coming out process where one becomes aware of their sexual identity
- bthe process of accepting one’s sexual identities
- cthe process of overcoming internalized homophobia
- dthe process of engaging more with LGBT communities
4) _______ is the intellectual disapproval of homosexuality.
5) In a recent study about transgender youth of color with diverse sexual identities (Singh, 2013), the participants used which of the following relational strategies to cope against the transprejudice and racism?
- athe youth alienated themselves from the LGBT community
- bthey participated in alcohol abuse
- cthey practiced sexual risk-taking
- dself-advocacy in their educational and community settings
6) African American lesbian, gay, and bisexual adolescents report significant antigay and racial discrimination, which contributes to depression and suicidal thoughts (Thomas & Huebner, 2013)
7) Which of the following statements best describes caballerismo?
- aan important social script for Latino culture
- ba positive set of Latino masculine attitudes, beliefs, and traits that emphasize being the primary family provider
- cLatino masculine belief that emphasizes respect for others and emotional responsiveness
- dall of the above
8) Intersectional oppressions or stressors _____ LGBTQ people of color’s sexual explorations, expression, and integration of their self-identities.
- ddo not impact
9) Stereotyped and negative gender images intended to subordinate minority groups and justify and affirm dominant group power is called ______.
- agender typing
- bcontrolling images
- dgender roles
10) Sexual identities are not fluid or multidimensional.
11) Two-spirited individuals challenge dominant Western understanding of gender identities as dichotomous.
12) Which of the following are dimensions of affective femininity?
- adominance and control
- bconfidence and assertiveness
- cnurturing and expressiveness
- ddependence and inadequacy
13) Waldo, a Black queer man, faces homophobia in his ethnic community and racial discrimination in the predominantly White LGBTQ community. Waldo is experiencing _______ status.
- adouble jeopardy
- bdouble gender
- cdouble minority
- ddouble identity
14) Which of the following statements best defines the term gendered racial socialization?
- athe process by which you learn the behaviors, interests, and abilities that are associated with being masculine or feminine in a given culture
- bthe process by which an individual learns about the expectations placed on them because of their racial identity and gender identity
- cthe expected responsibilities of being a man or woman
- dthe process by which an individual unlearns all social scripts placed on their racial and gender identities
15) The _______ theory proposes that intersecting stressors from experiencing multiple minority identities increases an individual's risk for psychological and health problems.
- aminority stress
- bgender stress
- cintersectional stress
- ddiscrimination stress