1) Waldo, a Black queer man, faces homophobia in his ethnic community and racial discrimination in the predominantly White LGBTQ community. Waldo is experiencing _______ status.
- adouble jeopardy
- bdouble gender
- cdouble minority
- ddouble identity
2) Stereotyped and negative gender images intended to subordinate minority groups and justify and affirm dominant group power is called ______.
- agender typing
- bcontrolling images
- dgender roles
3) Which of the following statements best describes caballerismo?
- aan important social script for Latino culture
- ba positive set of Latino masculine attitudes, beliefs, and traits that emphasize being the primary family provider
- cLatino masculine belief that emphasizes respect for others and emotional responsiveness
- dall of the above
4) Which of the following best defines gender identity?
- athe process by which you learn the behaviors that are associated with being masculine or feminine
- bfundamental sense of being male or female
- cbiological sex differences
- dbehaviors and abilities that make you masculine or feminine
5) African American lesbian, gay, and bisexual adolescents report significant antigay and racial discrimination, which contributes to depression and suicidal thoughts (Thomas & Huebner, 2013)
6) The _______ theory proposes that intersecting stressors from experiencing multiple minority identities increases an individual's risk for psychological and health problems.
- aminority stress
- bgender stress
- cintersectional stress
- ddiscrimination stress
7) Which of the following terms is the expected responsibilities and abilities of men and women?
- agender typing
- bgender norms
- cgender roles
- dgender identity
8) _______ is the intellectual disapproval of homosexuality.
9) Sexual identities are not fluid or multidimensional.
10) Which of the following statements best defines the term gendered racial socialization?
- athe process by which you learn the behaviors, interests, and abilities that are associated with being masculine or feminine in a given culture
- bthe process by which an individual learns about the expectations placed on them because of their racial identity and gender identity
- cthe expected responsibilities of being a man or woman
- dthe process by which an individual unlearns all social scripts placed on their racial and gender identities
11) Intersectional oppressions or stressors _____ LGBTQ people of color’s sexual explorations, expression, and integration of their self-identities.
- ddo not impact
12) Which of the following are dimensions of affective femininity?
- adominance and control
- bconfidence and assertiveness
- cnurturing and expressiveness
- ddependence and inadequacy
13) Two-spirited individuals challenge dominant Western understanding of gender identities as dichotomous.
14) In a recent study about transgender youth of color with diverse sexual identities (Singh, 2013), the participants used which of the following relational strategies to cope against the transprejudice and racism?
- athe youth alienated themselves from the LGBT community
- bthey participated in alcohol abuse
- cthey practiced sexual risk-taking
- dself-advocacy in their educational and community settings
15) Which of the following does NOT describes the process of identity integration?
- athe coming out process where one becomes aware of their sexual identity
- bthe process of accepting one’s sexual identities
- cthe process of overcoming internalized homophobia
- dthe process of engaging more with LGBT communities