Understand the relationships between colonialism, postcolonial sociopolitical structures, globalization, and development. Understand the ways in which anthropological knowledge is integrated into analyzing these various sets of global and historical relationships.
· Learning Objective 1: Understand the various forms of colonialism.
· Learning Objective 2: Understand how the experience of colonialism resonates in contemporary postcolonial states.
· Learning Objective 3: Understand the goals of applied anthropology and the uses of anthropological knowledge in directed change.
· Learning Objective 4: Understand the concepts of development and underdevelopment.
· Learning Objective 5: Understand how colonial economic systems and globalization create multiple forms of labor needs and conditions and migration of individuals and groups of people.