1) This legislature contains directly elected politicians for each of the European Union’s twenty-eight member states and is used in the passage of key EU laws and directives.
- aEuropean Parliament
- bEuropean Council
- cEuropean Commission
- dEuropean Court of Justice
- eEuropean Central Bank
2) During the 1990s, this former leader of Serbia was responsible for perpetuating war crimes against other ethnic groups in the region—eventually leading to his capture and detention.
- aSlobodan Milosevic
- bRadovan Karadzic
- cKosovo Srebnica
- dAlexander Vucic
- eJosip Broz Tito
3) This school of thought in international relations assumes that states are predominantly concerned with their national security and power, when making important decisions related to foreign policy.
- aLiberal institutionalism
- eInternational society
4) The U.S. policy of _____ involved maintaining a balance of power between communist and non-communist countries during the Cold War.
5) According to Mearsheimer’s “offensive realism,” a singular power called the _____ attempts to solidify its dominance over the international regime as a way of avoiding uncertainty and a state of chaos.
- dhedge fund
6) The principle of _____ is demonstrated in the international institutionalism model as the propensity for states to work together collaboratively, in order to further group needs.
- arelative gains
- bshadow of the future
- cbalance of power
- dcollective security
- eembedded liberalism
7) Formal diplomatic representation for a given country abroad includes an appointed ambassador, centered at a fully staffed _____.
- ccultural attaché
- dministry of foreign affairs
8) In a process known as ____ , monetary assistance is provided by an NGO to a recipient country, in exchange for that country’s decision to follow concrete steps for reform.
9) This Berber ethnic group present in Mali’s northern sections has been the source of governing tension in the region during recent years.
10) Formally a part of the United Nations, the _____ acts as an arbiter of international law; however, its rulings are non-binding.
- aInternational Criminal Court
- bEuropean Court of Justice
- cInternational Court of Justice
- dEuropean Court of Cassation
- eSecurity Council