1) This Berber ethnic group present in Mali’s northern sections has been the source of governing tension in the region during recent years.
2) Formal diplomatic representation for a given country abroad includes an appointed ambassador, centered at a fully staffed _____.
- ccultural attaché
- dministry of foreign affairs
3) Formally a part of the United Nations, the _____ acts as an arbiter of international law; however, its rulings are non-binding.
- aInternational Criminal Court
- bEuropean Court of Justice
- cInternational Court of Justice
- dEuropean Court of Cassation
- eSecurity Council
4) This school of thought in international relations assumes that states are predominantly concerned with their national security and power, when making important decisions related to foreign policy.
- aLiberal institutionalism
- eInternational society
5) The U.S. policy of _____ involved maintaining a balance of power between communist and non-communist countries during the Cold War.
6) According to Mearsheimer’s “offensive realism,” a singular power called the _____ attempts to solidify its dominance over the international regime as a way of avoiding uncertainty and a state of chaos.
- dhedge fund
7) During the 1990s, this former leader of Serbia was responsible for perpetuating war crimes against other ethnic groups in the region—eventually leading to his capture and detention.
- aSlobodan Milosevic
- bRadovan Karadzic
- cKosovo Srebnica
- dAlexander Vucic
- eJosip Broz Tito
8) The principle of _____ is demonstrated in the international institutionalism model as the propensity for states to work together collaboratively, in order to further group needs.
- arelative gains
- bshadow of the future
- cbalance of power
- dcollective security
- eembedded liberalism
9) This legislature contains directly elected politicians for each of the European Union’s twenty-eight member states and is used in the passage of key EU laws and directives.
- aEuropean Parliament
- bEuropean Council
- cEuropean Commission
- dEuropean Court of Justice
- eEuropean Central Bank
10) In a process known as ____ , monetary assistance is provided by an NGO to a recipient country, in exchange for that country’s decision to follow concrete steps for reform.