1) This program required the forced communalization of Chinese agriculture and led to widespread famine.
- aOne Hundred Flowers
- bThe Great Leap Forward
- cCultural Revolution
- dThe Big Struggle
- eMarch of the Faithful
2) Which of the following is the furthest LEFT on the political spectrum?
- aDemocratic socialism
- dSocial democracy
3) Marxism-Leninism is most closely associated with this contemporary ideology.
4) This branch of Islam advocates direct application of Koranic teachings into law (“sharia”) and is found in the most conservative Islamic countries.
5) This extreme ideology places an exclusive emphasis on ethnic-national groups and uses the state as a vehicle to preserve its dominance within a given territory.
6) This ideology embraces a mix of leftist ideas and Christianity and is particularly popular in Latin American countries.
- aChristian democracy
- bLiberation theology
- cEvangelical liberalism
- dProtestant socialism
- eModerate humanitarianism
7) Except for times of national crisis, conservative and liberal views on this topic are nearly identical.
- aPersonal rights and freedoms
- bThe role of the military
- cGovernment involvement in the economy
- dThe power of the church
- eMaintenance of the status quo
8) Communism’s strict organizational hierarchies and disciplined party leadership system is actually more analogous to this ideology in a number of structural ways.
9) This French term refers to the liberal view that the government should stay out of the economy and “let it be.”
- aSavoir faire
- bSavoir dire
- cJoie de vivre
- dLaissez faire
- eJe ne sais quoi
10) In modern terminology, this direction refers to ideologies that favor a lack of government involvement in a country’s economy.