1) This French term refers to the liberal view that the government should stay out of the economy and “let it be.”
- aSavoir faire
- bSavoir dire
- cJoie de vivre
- dLaissez faire
- eJe ne sais quoi
2) In modern terminology, this direction refers to ideologies that favor a lack of government involvement in a country’s economy.
3) Communism’s strict organizational hierarchies and disciplined party leadership system is actually more analogous to this ideology in a number of structural ways.
4) This program required the forced communalization of Chinese agriculture and led to widespread famine.
- aOne Hundred Flowers
- bThe Great Leap Forward
- cCultural Revolution
- dThe Big Struggle
- eMarch of the Faithful
5) This ideology embraces a mix of leftist ideas and Christianity and is particularly popular in Latin American countries.
- aChristian democracy
- bLiberation theology
- cEvangelical liberalism
- dProtestant socialism
- eModerate humanitarianism
6) This branch of Islam advocates direct application of Koranic teachings into law (“sharia”) and is found in the most conservative Islamic countries.
7) Marxism-Leninism is most closely associated with this contemporary ideology.
8) Which of the following is the furthest LEFT on the political spectrum?
- aDemocratic socialism
- dSocial democracy
9) This extreme ideology places an exclusive emphasis on ethnic-national groups and uses the state as a vehicle to preserve its dominance within a given territory.
10) Except for times of national crisis, conservative and liberal views on this topic are nearly identical.
- aPersonal rights and freedoms
- bThe role of the military
- cGovernment involvement in the economy
- dThe power of the church
- eMaintenance of the status quo