1) Foreign policy analysts typically label the unit of analysis as
- athe policy product.
- bthe agent making the policy decision.
- cthe decision.
- dthe international system.
2) The type of policy that deals with emergency threats to national interests is called
- acrisis policy.
- bstrategic policy.
- cstructural policy.
- dtactical policy.
3) A leader’s “operational code” can best be defined as a coherently integrated set of images about politics.
4) The constructivist approach to foreign policy is one in which researchers analyze the way ideas of the policymakers emerge.
5) The psychological tendency for individuals to alter their perceptions in order to conform with a group is called
- acognitive closure.
6) Structured like the spokes of a wheel, which management style places the president at the center of the decision-making group in a manner that emphasizes teamwork?
- aCompetitive model
- bCollegial model
- cDelegative model
- dFormalistic model
7) When making decisions in a group environment, members of the group sometimes agree with conclusions in order to avoid “rocking the boat.”
8) A set of beliefs about the nature of the political world is a(n)
- ahistorical analogy.
- bpolitical belief system.
- coperational code.
- dcognitive system.
9) The authors of the text observe that one successful way in which decision makers deal with foreign policy questions is through historical analogy.
10) One significant obstacle to implementing foreign policy decisions is the standard operation procedure of bureaucratic actors.