1) Which presidential candidate received the highest percentage of the Latino vote in recent history?
- aMitt Romney
- bHillary Clinton
- cDonald Trump
- dBarack Obama
2) As of 2017, how many Muslims have served in Congress?
3) Which experience tends to promote stronger Hispanic identification among Hispanics?
- afrequent church attendance
- bcollege education
- cfull time employment
- dstrong religious identity
4) In advance of the 2016 presidential election, the Council of American Islamic Relations found that ____ percent of American Muslims in the states with the most Muslims considered themselves Republican.
5) What is the meaning of the phrase “complex religion”?
- athe overlapping and reinforcing relationship among religious structure, religious group membership and religious identity
- bthe differentiation among religious houses of worship, religious structures, and religious public policy perspectives
- cthe overlapping and reinforcing relationship among religious public policy preferences, religious activism, and religious identity
- dthe differentiation among religious structure, religious socialization, and religious identity
6) With which Republican Party positions do religiously committed Latinos tend to disagree?
- aeducation and welfare policy
- bimmigration and foreign policy
- cimmigration and welfare policy
- deducation and foreign policy
7) Which option includes a core element of the “opiate perspective” that describes the black church’s relationship to politics?
- aIt is anti-communist.
- bIt is progressive.
- cIt is utilitarian.
- dIt is anti-intellectual.
8) Which of the following claims have scholars made about the Catholic Church in the southwest United States?
- aIt provided the full range of spiritual and social services.
- bIt provided the full range of educational and social services.
- cIt fulfilled the minimal spiritual needs of Latino Catholics.
- dIt fulfilled the necessary social needs of Latino Catholics.
9) Which denomination of Judaism tends to be the most politically conservative?
10) Which option represents one result of the “situational ethnicity” by Latino activists?
- aDemocratic party identification
- bHispanic group identification
- cliberal ideological identification
- dprogressive group identification