1) In advance of the 2016 presidential election, the Council of American Islamic Relations found that ____ percent of American Muslims in the states with the most Muslims considered themselves Republican.
2) With which Republican Party positions do religiously committed Latinos tend to disagree?
- aeducation and welfare policy
- bimmigration and foreign policy
- cimmigration and welfare policy
- deducation and foreign policy
3) Which of the following claims have scholars made about the Catholic Church in the southwest United States?
- aIt provided the full range of spiritual and social services.
- bIt provided the full range of educational and social services.
- cIt fulfilled the minimal spiritual needs of Latino Catholics.
- dIt fulfilled the necessary social needs of Latino Catholics.
4) What is the meaning of the phrase “complex religion”?
- athe overlapping and reinforcing relationship among religious structure, religious group membership and religious identity
- bthe differentiation among religious houses of worship, religious structures, and religious public policy perspectives
- cthe overlapping and reinforcing relationship among religious public policy preferences, religious activism, and religious identity
- dthe differentiation among religious structure, religious socialization, and religious identity
5) Which presidential candidate received the highest percentage of the Latino vote in recent history?
- aMitt Romney
- bHillary Clinton
- cDonald Trump
- dBarack Obama
6) Which option includes a core element of the “opiate perspective” that describes the black church’s relationship to politics?
- aIt is anti-communist.
- bIt is progressive.
- cIt is utilitarian.
- dIt is anti-intellectual.
7) Which experience tends to promote stronger Hispanic identification among Hispanics?
- afrequent church attendance
- bcollege education
- cfull time employment
- dstrong religious identity
8) Which option represents one result of the “situational ethnicity” by Latino activists?
- aDemocratic party identification
- bHispanic group identification
- cliberal ideological identification
- dprogressive group identification
9) As of 2017, how many Muslims have served in Congress?
10) Which denomination of Judaism tends to be the most politically conservative?