1) Which idea is described by "...wives should submit to husbands, children to parents, congregations to church leadership, citizens to the state and all to God"?
- agender spheres
- bgender discourse
- cgender harmony
- dgender complementarity
2) In 2016, the Jewish Conservative Rabbinical Assembly passed a resolution affirming the rights of inclusion of which group?
- bunmarried persons
- cwidowed persons
- dtransgender individuals
3) Which pre-1920s social movements were heavily influenced by women?
- athe American Revolution, the entry of the U.S. into World War II
- bthe abolition of slavery, the entry of the U.S. into World War II
- cthe abolition of slavery, temperance
- dthe American Revolution, temperance
4) How has the Roman Catholic Church addressed homosexuality issues?
- aHomosexual orientation is acceptable although homosexual behavior is not.
- bBoth homosexual orientation and homosexual behavior are acceptable.
- cBoth homosexual orientation and homosexual behavior are not acceptable.
- dHomosexual orientation is not acknowledged while homosexual behavior is not acceptable.
5) Orthodox Jews, Muslims, and Mormons hold which view toward homosexuality?
- ahomosexuality contradicts with God’s word
- bhomosexuality contradicts with natural law
- dhomosexuality is consistent with natural law
- dhomosexuality is consistent with God’s word
6) Which statement describes how most religious denominations view homosexuality and transgender individuals?
- aHomosexuality is biological, while being transgender is morally wrong.
- bHomosexuality and being transgender are both morally wrong.
- cHomosexuality is a cultural construct while being transgender is morally wrong.
- dHomosexuality and being transgender are both cultural constructs.
7) Which phrase has been used to describe the relationship between the Christian Right and the gay rights movement?
- a“diverse friends”
- b“civil companions”
- c“perfect enemies”
- d“distant relations”
8) Which option describes “culture war”?
- apolitical and social hostility rooted in different systems of moral understanding
- beducational and economic understanding among citizens of different nations
- cpolitical and economic conflict rooted in different religious denominations
- deducational and social understanding among individuals of different generations
9) Which groups’ subordinate status in American society continues to be justified by religious faith?
- aracial minorities, women
- bhomosexuals, women
- cracial minorities, homosexuals
- dyoung people, women
10) Public support for same-sex marriage has increased to 55% from ____ % in 2001.