1) Which statement describes how most religious denominations view homosexuality and transgender individuals?
- aHomosexuality is biological, while being transgender is morally wrong.
- bHomosexuality and being transgender are both morally wrong.
- cHomosexuality is a cultural construct while being transgender is morally wrong.
- dHomosexuality and being transgender are both cultural constructs.
2) Which idea is described by "...wives should submit to husbands, children to parents, congregations to church leadership, citizens to the state and all to God"?
- agender spheres
- bgender discourse
- cgender harmony
- dgender complementarity
3) Orthodox Jews, Muslims, and Mormons hold which view toward homosexuality?
- ahomosexuality contradicts with God’s word
- bhomosexuality contradicts with natural law
- dhomosexuality is consistent with natural law
- dhomosexuality is consistent with God’s word
4) How has the Roman Catholic Church addressed homosexuality issues?
- aHomosexual orientation is acceptable although homosexual behavior is not.
- bBoth homosexual orientation and homosexual behavior are acceptable.
- cBoth homosexual orientation and homosexual behavior are not acceptable.
- dHomosexual orientation is not acknowledged while homosexual behavior is not acceptable.
5) Public support for same-sex marriage has increased to 55% from ____ % in 2001.
6) Which phrase has been used to describe the relationship between the Christian Right and the gay rights movement?
- a“diverse friends”
- b“civil companions”
- c“perfect enemies”
- d“distant relations”
7) Which groups’ subordinate status in American society continues to be justified by religious faith?
- aracial minorities, women
- bhomosexuals, women
- cracial minorities, homosexuals
- dyoung people, women
8) Which option describes “culture war”?
- apolitical and social hostility rooted in different systems of moral understanding
- beducational and economic understanding among citizens of different nations
- cpolitical and economic conflict rooted in different religious denominations
- deducational and social understanding among individuals of different generations
9) Which pre-1920s social movements were heavily influenced by women?
- athe American Revolution, the entry of the U.S. into World War II
- bthe abolition of slavery, the entry of the U.S. into World War II
- cthe abolition of slavery, temperance
- dthe American Revolution, temperance
10) In 2016, the Jewish Conservative Rabbinical Assembly passed a resolution affirming the rights of inclusion of which group?
- bunmarried persons
- cwidowed persons
- dtransgender individuals