1) Members of which religious tradition have the highest percentage of persons with a college education?
- cRoman Catholic
- dEvangelical Protestant
2) Presidents expressing “Merry Christmas” versus “Season’s Greetings” or “Happy Holidays” is supported by evangelicals because:
- ait represents presidents giving Christianity cultural preeminence
- bit represents presidents encouraging cultural diversity
- cit diminishes the role of Congress shaping religious law
- dit diminishes the role of the courts shaping religious law
3) Survey experiments show that identifying candidates as evangelical increases support among which political group?
4) Which option describes a primary way that the Christian Broadcasting Network’s 700 Club has achieved political impact?
- aIt has exposed religious conservatives to news through a conservative religious lens.
- bIt has played an active role raising money for political candidates.
- cIt has exposed religious liberals to political corruption in Washington, DC.
- dIt has played an active role hosting fundraisers for political candidates and broadcasting those fundraisers.
5) As of 2017, what proportion of Americans responded to a poll that churches should not endorse candidates?
- aless than half
- babout two-thirds
- cmore than three-fourths
- dless than one-fourth
6) Why do parishioners tend to follow their pastor’s political messages?
- aThey fear retribution if they do not.
- bThey are more credible than messages from other sources.
- cThey commit to doing so when joining their churches.
- dThey are more ideological than messages from other sources.
7) Which methods do religious groups use to offer group identity and issue framing?
- atelevision advertising
- bsocial media
- creligious services
- dcharitable work
8) Which viewpoint explains Lutherans’ political conservatism?
- aBecause true happiness comes after death, undesirable conditions should be endured.
- bTrue happiness comes from performing acts of charity.
- cBecause true salvation comes after death, acts of charity must be performed.
- dTrue salvation comes from enduring undesirable earthly conditions.
9) Which option represents the first steps for religious interest groups, as with other political groups, to begin the policy process?
- aarticulation, aggregation
- bendorsements, campaign contributions
- carticulation, campaign contributions
- dendorsements, aggregation
10) Which term has been defined as a cleavage in American politics between the religiously observant and the religiously nonobservant?
- athe schism of tradition
- ba battle of values
- cthe culture war
- dthe schism of beliefs