1) Which was a key motivator for the politicization of the Christian Right?
- atraditional family values
- bsocial justice matters
- cconservative criminal sentencing
- dliberal religious initiatives
2) The abortion issue represents, in many respects, the intersection between which two concerns?
- areligion, gender equality
- bforeign policy, medical technology
- ceducation, gender equality
- dreligion, medical technology
3) According to Figure 7.2, which religious group shows the highest percentage of members who consider women in the workforce to be a change for the better?
- cHispanic Catholics
4) Besides religion, racial and socioeconomic differences explain:
- aopposition to abortion
- bopposition to affirmative action
- csupport for government aid
- dsupport for foreign aid
5) Which religious group shows the lowest percentage of economic liberals among its membership?
- bEvangelical Protestants
- dRoman Catholics
6) Among which religious group do less than half (50%) believe that government assistance does more good?
- aEvangelical Protestant
- dHispanic Catholics
7) What has been the trend in public acceptance of homosexuals between 2007 and 2014?
- aacceptance levels have not changed
- bacceptance levels have reduced significantly
- cacceptance levels have increased
- dacceptance levels have decreased somewhat
8) Which issue was the focus of Obergefell v. Hodges (2015)?
- aabortion rights
- bsame-sex marriage
- cprayer in school
- dcharitable giving
9) According to Table 7.3, members of which religious group are least likely to oppose same-sex marriage?
10) Members of which religious groups tend to support smaller government and fewer services?
- aJews, African-American Protestants
- bEvangelical Protestants, Latter Day Saints
- cMainline Protestants, Jews
- dEvangelical Protestants, Atheists