1) Which of the following factors has played a central role in the split between evangelical Protestants and mainline Protestants?
- athe decline of the high school dropout rate
- bthe decline in divorce rates
- cthe rise of the gay rights movement
- dthe rise of the social gospel movement
2) Which is one distinguishing characteristic between evangelical Protestants and mainline Protestants?
- aMainline Protestants are far more likely than evangelical Protestants to volunteer on behalf of social change organizations.
- bMainline Protestants are far less likely than evangelical Protestants to register for selective service.
- cMainline Protestants are far more likely than evangelical Protestants to support increased income taxes.
- dMainline Protestants are far less likely than evangelical Protestants to volunteer on behalf of gay rights.
3) What historical meeting changed the Catholic Church in America or otherwise gave official approval to developing trends?
- aThe Ecumenical Council (Vatican II)
- bthe meeting of the cardinals
- cthe Papal Conclave
- dthe sacred reunion of the minds
4) In which issue have Catholic bishops invested more energy compared with other issues?
- bwomen’s rights
- cabortion rights
- dforeign aid
5) Why do scholars focus less attention on mainline Protestants and Catholics compared with evangelical Protestants?
- aThere is a lack of a crusading mentality among evangelical Protestants.
- bThere is a lack of a crusading mentality among mainline Protestants and Catholics.
- cThere is religious centrism among evangelical Protestants.
- dThere is religious extremism among mainline Protestants and Catholics.
6) With which causes was the Catholic Church associated during the first half of the Twentieth Century?
- aopposition to communism
- bopposition to capitalism
- csupport for communism
- dsupport for capitalism
7) According to a study conducted by Harold Quinley in the late 1960s, political activism among the clergy was focused around:
- aforeign aid
- bcivil rights
- ceducation spending
- dtaxation of churches
8) The strong conservatism demonstrated by American Catholics during Spellman's reign can be explained by:
- ahis suspicions of civil rights
- bhis concern about technology
- chis support for labor movements
- dhis opposition to military conflict
9) Which report was written for the purpose of supporting and funding anti-abortion congressional candidates in the wake of Roe v. Wade?
- a“Pastoral Commitment to Congressional Change”
- b“Catholic Congressional Manifesto”
- c“Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities”
- d“Catholic Plan for Congressional Success”
10) According to Granberg, which characteristics represent a typical anti-abortion activist outside the south?
- aan older male labor union member
- ba young college graduate
- ca female attorney
- da woman with limited education